5 Ways to Win at Social MediaSeptember 20th, 2011
Sites like Facebook and Twitter help build steam for any client’s online campaign. Perks like being TOTALLY FREE to sign up and the ease of posting wherever you may be at any time of day or night are reasons why these sites have caught on like wildfire. Here are some small suggestions that might help your social media presence:
1. Post early – For many multi-tasking smart phone geeks the urge to check all of your social sites begins right after you turn off your alarm and before that first cup of caffeine. Having a fresh post during this morning time will give your cult following the chance to catch up on what might have transpired through the night or what is planned for the day. There is a science to this however; knowing if your consumer sleeps till noon or is up with the sun matters, which leads to another step…
2. Know your audience – The only way to convert followers to customers is to understand what types of things they are interested in enough to get them to pay attention to the client’s message. Being top-of-mind is very important for social media to be effective; queue step 3…
3. Frequency is your friend – To be a successful and effective social media pro you must keep the frequency of your message strong. There is a difference between being a borderline spammer and keeping your tweets or facebook posts in the regular feed of followers. An irregular posting schedule can cause not only a lack of interest in your clients but also lose your followers completely, which defeats the purpose of social media altogether.
4. Be off topic often – Clients obviously want to post information about their products/services, events or sales that are going on, but don’t be restricted to these rigid, organizational parameters. Those that use social media are using, it above all else, to have a digital social life and having “non-human” posts will not get their attention. Mix in posts about current events outside of business or a picture of employees celebrating National Moustache Day or anything that will catch the eye of your target.
5. Interaction increases transaction – Even though a business is not an actual person, if you have followers and are liked on Facebook your business has friends. Something as simple as saying “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” can make your business closer to that person than some long-distance relatives. Someone who feels like a company has taken a personal interest in their life is going to be more likely to take a financial interest in that company.
If you want help with your online brand please call Turec Advertising at (314) 993-1190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.